23 February 2010

How do you see your career unfolding and what are your aspirations?

I have many aspirations for the years to come. I like quite a lot to learn new things, and to work with strong leading institutions in order to contribute for a better world. My desire is to continue my academic experience, either in Portugal or in an European University, in a PhD Marketing programme. The subject of my research project is to study consumer behaviour in cities. Therefore, I want to investigate the new tendencies of global cities and discover what are the residents’ and the consumers’ needs. I like marketing place, city branding, building a brand for the city. Understanding the importance of the social networks in order to improve the cities’ attraction is a must. This topic is important because it involves the cooperation among diverse entities, such as universities, public services, and the tourism industry. I am a graduate in Geography and Regional Planning from the University of Minho. I have an advanced-graduation in MSc in Tourism and Regional Development from the Portuguese Catholic University and

I am now finishing my first year of the MSc programme in Marketing and Strategic Management from the University of Minho. I have been working in the School of Economics and Management of University of Minho, since 2006, and have carried out many projects and research on regional economy, public policies and investment in local industry. I expect to make good friends in the ESOMAR Congress that will help me in the future, as well as enlarging my social network and opening my perspective of what has been done in other countries with regard the specific field of market research.

Oliveira, Eduardo (2009) @ ESOMAR CONGRESS 2009